Adding key locations to your property map
For many rural operations, properties are divided into blocks to improve efficiency and management for both the contractors and staff. This functionality is available in Onside, right on your property map, as well as other key locations, such as pipelines and tracks. Follow the steps below or take a look at this video to start adding yours.
Setting up your blocks
- Log in to your Onside web portal.
- Click on the property you would like to add blocks to.
- Click the 'Mapping' tab.
- Click the 'Shape' or 'Line' buttons in the top left and start drawing, clicking to create each point. When you've finished drawing, if it's a shape, click the first point again to complete the shape, for lines, click the final point.
- Choose your colour.
- Add the details for the area; name, type, reference (E.g Kpin, notes, and colour), size, and notes.
- Click 'Save' and you're done! Ready for your contractors and staff to see and interact with. If you need to make any changes, simply double click on the shape or line.
What will it look like in the app?
The blocks will look exactly as they do in the web portal, overlaying the blue property boundary. The only differences will be that risk and task pins will also be on the map, unless you hide them with your map filters.
Tapping on the block with bring up its card, tapping or swiping the card up will reveal its information (as shown right).
If you have any questions or need any help, call us on 0800 ONSIDE (NZ), 1800 112334 (AU), or email email@example.com.