How to set up your Kiosk on an Android Tablet
We're excited that you're giving the Onside Kiosk a go. The Onside Kiosk is a check-in system, included in the Property Essentials subscription, designed to run on tablets. This is a great way to capture your visitors details if they don’t have the app on their phone. This can also be used to gather attendees details at offices, wineries, and seminars.
Below you will find a step by step guide on how to set this up.
To set up you will need
- A tablet to run the Kiosk on, we recommend a Samsung Galaxy Tab or iPad. It will also work on most computers and smartphones. However, if you do choose to use one of these other devices, we may not be able to offer the same support and user experience. If you're using an iPad, try this article.
- Have a power source for the device to be plugged into.
- Internet connection for the tablet.
- Signs or notices directing visitors to go to the shed/office/house to sign in.
- Your property's unique URL.
Set up your Android Tablet
There are a few steps but it should only take you 5 minutes to set up.
Check out the video below to which will step you through getting set up.
Add the Kiosk to your tablet's homescreen
- From the tablet, log in to your account via the Onside website.
- Tap on your property and navigate to the 'Kiosk' tab.
- Tick the checkbox if you'd like to show a QR code on your Kiosk for contactless check-ins.
- Tap the 'View' button and wait for your page to load, making sure the kiosk shows the correct property name. If it doesn't, please let us know.
- Tap on the 3 dots to the right of the address bar, then tap on “Add to home screen”.
- This will ask you to name your app, e.g Fellmyes Farm Kiosk.
- Close the window.
- You should now see our logo with what you have titled your kiosk on the home screen. If you click to open it, it will open without the address bars around it so that people will not be able to navigate away from it.
Configure your device so that is stays awake for longer (Optional)
- Click on settings
- Select Display
- Select Screen timeout
- Choose the longest period you can. Some devices will also allow you to keep the screen on whilest plugged in.
Step 3: Pin the Kiosk so it is the only thing that shows.
- Open your tablet Settings
- In the search bar look for “Pin Windows”
- Switch this to On
- You can also turn on “Use screen lock type to unpin”, This means no one will be able to unpin the page unless they know the devices pass code
- Close out of this window
- Click on and open the icon we set up in step one.
- Click on the 'recent' tab, this is the button to the left of your home button.
- The app you want to pin should show there with a pin down the bottom right, click on the pin
- Click “Start”
- Now every time someone opens the device it will open to your Kiosk page
Perfect, that’s it. Now you're good to go for people checking in and out of your property with the Onside Kiosk. Give it a try yourself to see how easy it is.
If you need any further help, please call us on 0800 ONSIDE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.