A step-by-step guide on how to use our Property Rules feature.
Every property is unique, and each property in Onside should reflect that. Sometimes there's key information about your property that your visitors need to know, but isn't necessarily about Health and Safety. That's where the Property Rules come in.
So, what can you do with it?
- Set a notification or warning to appear to your visitors when they check-in to your property;
- Provide information to your visitors essential for their visit, such as; where to park, which route to take, direction of traffic, rules of entering the property, gate lock combination, etc;
- Alert visitors to biosecurity incursions;
- Bring attention to recent events on the property, such as; a bridge has collapsed, a cattle stop has caved in, a tree has fallen over the road, etc.
- Attach PDFs and image files for your visitors to download.
Customizing your Property Rules
Below are the step-by-step instructions of how to customize this feature to your specific needs. Alternatively, we also have a video version too.
1) To start off with, you'll need to login via the web portal. You'll need to be an admin. https://get.onside.co.nz/onside
2) Then click on your property, and you'll see a 'Property Rules' tab, click that. From here your screen will look like this;
3) Enter the name of your Property Rule, this will be displayed in red in the app when the visitors check in.
4) Next enter in the details of your Property Rule. You can put in up to 80 characters for each rule, but it's best to keep it brief, as you want the visitors to read it thoroughly. You can also add a website link to the rule. The visitor would be able to tap on it to be taken to what you've put; induction videos, documents, etc.
*note: You will need the full website address (include http:// or https://).
5) Now you have the option of adding two files to provide further information, such as maps or health and safety documents. These can be in Jpg, jpeg, and PDF format. Don't forget to add the name of your files above the 'upload' button.
6) Now click 'Save Changes', and you're done. When visitors check in to your property they will see a screen like this;
To view the attached documents, simply tap the icons.
In my example I have chosen 'Velvet Leaf Bug present', but as stated above, you can have anything you want. It is especially useful for biosecurity, as you could warn visitors what is present, what they need to do to avoid spreading it, and include further information in the form of a PDF, such as my velvet leaf example;
With the Property Rules feature, it is also now possible to have any number of documents shared with your visitors. To find out how, follow the steps here.
Copying Property Rules to another property
If you have multiple properties, you can copy your Property Rules from one to another, or even to all of your properties at once! Talk about a time saver!
Once you've created your Property Rules following the above instructions, simply click on the green copy icon at the right side of the page and then select which properties to apply it to.
* Note: This will overwrite any rules on the properties you're copying to.
If you have any further questions or need a hand with this feature, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or 0800 ONSIDE.