The property Info tab
If your property boundaries change, you don’t have the boundary correct, or you want to edit your property information you can do this at any time.
The first thing to do is log into your account via the Onside website.
- Click into the property you want to edit.
- Click into the “info” tab.
- Edit property information. Click into the field you want to edit, and make the changes.
Check-in QR code
For some properties, the Onside Kiosk isn't viable, as you can't leave a tablet unsecured. Checking in via QR code is a great solution in this situation.
You can download the QR code and visitors simply scan and check-in. They don't need the Onside app to do this.
You can download a poster version of the QR code, which looks like this, or just the plain QR code.
If your phone camera doesn't have a QR code scanner built in, download the Onside app to use ours. The button is to the right of the property search bar.
Add to a group
Groups in Onside work like folders. For small accounts, they're not needed, but as the account grows and has dozens of properties, it does help to organize things.
- Create a group from the main screen (the button next to create property).
- Click on the property you want to add.
- Go to the 'Info' tab.
- Choose the group to add the property to from the 'Add to group' option above the image.
You will need to be a Company Admin to create, edit, or assign properties to groups.
Editing your boundary
From the 'Info' tab, click on 'edit boundary'.
There are 3 ways to edit your boundary
- Click on the small white squares and drag them to where you want them to be. Just keep dragging the squares around until you are sure the boundaries are accurate.
- Click on the “Select with LINZ titles” tool and click on the map to add another title.
- Click on the “draw boundary” tool then click on the map where you want to start drawing your boundary outline. Click at each point around the area to mark where the outside of the boundary is. Then click on the starting point to close the loop. You can draw shapes that are not joint, so long as there is no more than 250 meters between them.
- When you're happy with your boundary, save the what you've done, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save Changes' for the update to take effect.
Hint: If you mess up, click on “Exit without saving” then start the process again.
Add or change a property photo
If you haven’t got a picture of your property or want to change the one you have added, Click “Upload a different image”. You will then be able to select an image that is saved to your computer and click “Open”. Drag the edges in if you want to crop the image. When you are happy click “Looks good!”
After making any changes make sure you scroll to the bottom of the profile page and click 'Save changes'.
Disable risk alerts
You'll notice a box you can tick at the bottom of the page “Disable alerts for the property”. If you are doing some administration work on your risks, tick this box. This will stop your team from getting alerts every time you make a change. If you do this, always remember to untick the box and save your changes when you are done.
If you have any questions or need any help, you can call us on 0800 ONSIDE or email email@example.com.