Editing and managing your risks / hazards
Regularly reviewing your risks is an important part of the health and safety legislation.
This article will cover how to do this in Onside. Alternatively, watch this quick video;
- Log in to your Onside web portal.
- Click into the property you are reviewing the risks on.
- Click on the risk you want to edit.
Note: Risks with red dots on the image indicate that they have risk management actions that are outstanding.
- You can then click into any field and change anything about the risk.
- Check your risk management actions. Have they been completed? Will these actions help reduce the risk? Is there anything else you can do? How about making the risk time-based?
- If you have entered all the info you need to, Tick the “I have completed all the actions” box, select "Risk is minimised", then click 'Save changes'.
- Team members who are checked-in to the property will be alerted there is a risk to review, as well as admins, unless you turn the alerts off.
- These changes are date stamped, you can then see this information in the reporting tool showing that your risks are being reviewed and managed.
- If you need to add the same risk to another one of your properties, you can duplicate risks between properties. Find out more here.
If you know a risk will only be on your risk register for a short time, you can set it to automatically remove itself by using the Automatic elimination time field.
- Go to the 'Risk management' section of the risk after clicking on an existing one, or creating a new one. You'll see the 'Automatic elimination time' field.
- After clicking on that, a popup will appear of a calendar. Choose the day the risk should be removed and click 'ok'. A clock will appear, choose the hour and click 'ok', then the minute.
- Click 'Save changes' and you're done!
If you need any help or have any questions, call us on 0800 ONSIDE or email email@example.com.