How to claim the property your visitors check-in to so you can manage it yourself.
If you get text or email alerts when visitors come to your property, then they would be using Onside Teams.
Using Onside Teams, visitors can map any property, so their team can check-in/out of them and keep a record of which properties their teams are checked-in to at any given time. These properties are kept private to their team. No other users in Onside can see or access them.
So, if you've been shown what Onside is by your visitor or you've done a bit of research about Onside, chances are you'd be wanting to manage the property yourself in Onside, or have the alerts going to multiple people. The steps below will show you how to do that.
Note: You will need to download the Onside app to keep getting alerts once you claim the property in Onside.
Creating your account
- Open your internet browser and go to the Onside website (getonside.com).
- In the top right of the screen, choose "Try Onside".
- Enter your details. It's important that you use the email address your visitors would have (if applicable).
- Once your account is created, login using the credentials you've just set up with.
- When you open your account, you should see this screen;
- From here, click the 'Claim Properties' button to pull the property into your account. It will show you the address first to ensure it's the correct property.
- Once that's done, click on the property image to get started modifying it to your preferences.
Help, I have no 'Claim Properties' button.
Not to worry, this simply means that the contact information you've created your account with is not the same as the information your visitors had on record. If this happens, you can either get in touch with them to have it updated, or contact Onside directly on 0800 ONSIDE or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can correct this for you.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with us. Alternatively, try some of the links below to continue your property setup.